which is owned and operated by STRATAFY PTY LTD (ACN 619 849 517) (“Stratafy” “we” “us”).
What Is Personal Information?
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
- Identity Data including first name, middle name, last name, maiden name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details (through our third party payment processor,).
- Transaction Data including details about payments to you from us and from you to us and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or we have purchased from you.
- Technical and Usage Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour, information about your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Profile Data including your username and password for our Services, profile picture, purchases or orders you have made with us, support requests you have made, content you post, send receive and share through our platform, information you have shared with our social media platforms, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Interaction Data including information you provide to us when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, including surveys, contests, promotions, activities or events.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Professional data including where you are a worker of ours or applying for a role with us, your professional history such as your previous positions and professional experience.
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorised by law. Unless otherwise permitted by law, we will not collect sensitive information about you without first obtaining your consent.
• to provide our services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
• respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
• to monitor and analyse site usage and trends, and to personalise and improve our site and our users’ experiences on our site, such as providing, content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase our site’s functionality and user friendliness;
• to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from https://stratafyconnect.com if your computer supports such capabilities
• to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our site;
• for any other purpose for which the information was collected (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
• for other purposes to which you have consented; and
• as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Direct marketing involves communicating directly with you for the purpose of promoting our services or the goods or services of third party organisations and market research. We may also communicate with you for the purpose of providing you with special offers. Direct marketing can be delivered by a range of methods including mail, telephone, email, online advertising or SMS as well as collections purposes.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where:
• you have consented to us doing so; or
• it is otherwise permitted by law.
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing, or change your contact preferences, by contacting us (see section our contact section below).
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
• with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services only at an aggregate level with no personal information to be shared;
• when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
• when we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or where doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of us; and
• otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose we disclosed it to them and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act.
We are not otherwise responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties. De-identified non personal visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Does personal information leave Australia?
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to only other Stratafy Subsidaries partners in an aggregate way for cross business functionality.
Except in some cases where we may rely on an exception under the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act in relation to such information.
How do we use gmail App Access for our client email integration?
Links to Other Sites
How do we store and secure personal information?
We store personal information on computer databases and/or in hard copy and will take reasonable commercial physical and electronic security measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and
Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of unauthorised access to, disclose of, misuse or loss or corruption of you personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We destroy personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it and after a transaction, your private information (credit cards, personal information, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at lifestyle@Stratafyconnect.com, If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.stratafyconnect.com/terms-conditions
How can you access and correct personal information we hold about you?
You may seek access to personal information which we hold about you by contacting us as described below. We will provide access to that information in accordance with the Privacy Act, subject to certain exemptions which may apply. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and where permitted by law we may charge an administration fee for granting access to your personal information.
If you become aware that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or if you wish to update your information, please contact us at lifestyle@Stratafyconnect.com
Queries, comments and complaints about our handling of personal information
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or if you believe that we have not complied with this policy or the Privacy Act, please contact us at lifestyle@Stratafyconnect.com
We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How can you contact us?